Why we should fail often
A lot of us are afraid that if we fail, we'll fail big. We ALL fail at some point in our lives. It's all part of the process.
Remember when you first started learning how to ride a bike? Most of us didn't get to riding at first. We fell a few times before we got it right when riding a 2-wheeler.
Failure doesn't mean you're a bad person. It doesn't mean you're stupid. It doesn't mean you're a FAILURE.
When you fail, you have the chance to revise your strategy, learn from your mistakes, and succeed at your next attempt.
Failure is an inevitable part of the path to success.
Here are some reasons why so many of us are afraid to fail:
- Failure is boring. People avoid it like the plague. Especially if you're doing something meaningful, failure is unavoidable.
- Failure makes us look bad. We like to think that we're competent, and failing makes us look incompetent.
- Failure means we're losers. We're afraid of losing, and failure is the quickest way to lose.
- Failure means we're weak. We're afraid of being weak, and failure is the quickest way to show that we're weak.
- Failure isn't permanent. If you learn from your mistakes, you can succeed at your second attempt.